We’ll rekey your locks so they work with a brand-new key.
Rekey Your Locks and Secure Your Space
In a world where the safety of our spaces, be it residential or commercial, is a growing concern, there’s a compelling need to employ optimal security measures. While many might jump straight to the idea of replacing their lock hardware, a more cost-effective and equally efficient alternative exists: rekeying your locks to work with new keys. At JB Lock and Key, we’ve honed our skills and expertise in offering premier rekey services, ensuring that our community remains safeguarded against potential threats.
What is Lock Rekeying?
Lock rekeying involves adjusting the internal mechanism of a lock so that it functions with a new key with different cuts, rendering the previous one useless. This process is distinct from replacing the entire lock as it focuses solely on altering the internal lock cylinder.
The advantages of lock rekeying vs. replacing the entire lock:
- Cost Savings: Rekeying is more budget-friendly than completely replacing a lock.
- Enhanced Security: It’s the immediate antidote to compromised keys, reinstating your peace of mind.
- Convenience: Property owners with multiple locks can simplify their lives by rekeying all locks to function with the same key.
When Should You Rekey Your Locks?
There are a few situations when it’s crucial to make sure you’re the sole keyholder and that a previous property owner, tenant, or employee can’t access your space with their key.
- You’ve Moved Into a New Space: When you move into your new home or office space you want to make sure you are the sole keyholder. Rekeying the locks will make sure nobody with an old key can access your newly acquired property.
- Possible Lost or Unaccounted Keys: Misplaced keys, especially in a place like Wichita, can be a security concern. Rekeying offers an immediate solution.
- After an Attempted Break-in: A foiled break-in is a stark reminder to bolster security. Rekeying serves as a primary step.
- When Your Tenants Move Out: If you own or manage an apartment complex, an office building, or other types of rental properties, it’s always a good idea to make sure a previous tenant can’t access the property once they’ve moved out.
- When an Employee Leaves Your Company: It’s always a good idea to rekey the locks on your office, restaurant, retail shop, or other place of employment when someone ends their working relationship with you. Even if they leave on good terms it’s a good idea to make sure their old key can’t end up in the wrong hands.
JB Lock and Key’s Rekeying Process
Have you ever wondered how a lock is rekeyed? Here’s a brief overview of the process:
- Assessment: Our locksmith technician evaluates the current lock to make sure it’s a good candidate for rekeying. If the surrounding hardware is in good shape there’s no need to replace the entire lock.
- Dismantling: Remove the doorknob from the door and then remove it’s internal lock cylinder.
- Reconfiguration: Remove the pins from the lock cylinder and replace them with new ones that match the cut patterns of a new key.
- Reassembly and Testing: Put the reconfigured lock cylinder back into the doorknob, put the doorknob back on the door, and make sure the new key works properly.
- Cut Copies of the New Key: We will make as many duplicates of the new key as you need.
The Benefits of Choosing JB Lock and Key
If you’re looking for a trustworthy local locksmith in and around Wichita, KS you can rest assured that we provide all these benefits:
- We’re Highly Skilled: Our locksmiths are thoroughly trained and they stay updated with the latest in security advancements.
- We’re Cost-Effective: Because we don’t have the overhead of a brick-and-mortar showroom, the prices for our mobile-only rekeying services are highly competitive.
- We’re Versatile: We can rekey all types of locks including deadbolts, doorknob locks, garage door locks, automotive door/glovebox/trunk locks, high-security locks, file cabinet locks, mailbox locks, and more.
- We Value Our Customers: We stand behind every service with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee and we won’t take your payment until you’re happy with the service we’ve performed.
Additional Locksmith Services
As a full-service locksmith company JB Lock and Key also offers residential and commercial locksmith services, car key replacements, emergency lockout service, ignition repair, and more.